Tuesday 14 February 2017

Apple AirPods - From NOPE to DOPE.

Apple AirPods
Apple AirPods. You know, those toothbrush looking fully wireless earbuds that everyone makes fun of online? Well, guess what... They are Apple's tech product sleeper hit of late 2016 and early 2017.

When I first saw them, I thought "yeah those look cool, but they probably won't even fit in my ears". While I do like Apple's wired EarPods, they tend to always fall out for me. When I'm sitting still, walking or running, they ALWAYS fall out. That was the biggest concern for me, especially at $200+ CAD. The reviews came out and people said these earbuds were amazing, and they did in fact stay in for users that had trouble with EarPods. So, I bought them. But let's talk about the price first. So the fully wireless headphone market is quite sparse, and all options either suck, or actually cost MORE than Apple's AirPods - The Samsung Gear IconX, Bragi Dash and others for example. So when people say AirPods are too costly, wait till you see the alternatives.

The AirPods actually do work for me very well. They stay in, are light and the overall hardware package is very well designed. The earbuds sound surprisingly good, and do a lot of things right. Sure, they look a bit weird - well very weird when in your ears - and for most consumers are a bit costly, but regardless, this is the future. The future is a fully wireless world where struggling with untangling things and plugging things in is a thing of the past. For now it'll cost a lot and it'll piss off a lot of people, but trust me, In the long run this is what you'll come to love. That's how my view on the Apple AirPods went from NOPE to DOPE.

Apple AirPods

No comments:

Post a Comment